Conducted live via Zoom
Your child was born to CREATE
Your child was born to CONNECT
Your child was born to MOVE
Summer is almost here, but have no fear!
We’ve planned and prepared more than 100 exciting and engaging activities for your child’s summer, so you don’t have to. With nearly 20 years of experience hosting successful sports camps for children, we’ve learned how to make fitness fun and fresh for your child! Your child will have a blast moving with friends and will build confidence and life-skills in our team activities. We can’t wait to show you how amazing camp online can be!
We are excited to offer a highly-interactive online camp to keep your child active, engaged and happy while home this summer! Our counselors and specialists will guide your child in cooperative groups, teaching rhythmic gymnastics, STEM and Art projects that help your child grow, learn and connect! Your child’s safety and the safety of our staff is our top priority.
Registration is week by week – no summer-long commitment required, but your child will want to come back! Our space is limited, so reserve your spots early!
Dates – June 1 to September 4, Monday – Friday
Who – Girls and boys groups for ages 4-5, 6-8, and 9-11
Note: this camp is for girls and boys at Introductory and Beginner level for gymnastics and dance. For Intermediate, advanced and elite gymnastics levels, please contact us for information about our team camps.
What – Gymnastics, arts, S.T.E.M., dance, home economics, and more!
Why Online Camp is your best option this summer?
Remote Rhythmics camp keeps your child connected, engaged, happy, independent, and learning, so that YOU, the parent, can work from home, complete your projects, and even have some down time.
Parents work hard all day, and everyone is looking for the best solution that will make it all possible in these unprecedented times.
Leave it to us and our team of professional instructors. Your child will be with their camp counselor all day – they will always have someone they know and trust with them to help and guide them throughout the modules. We will bring specialist instructors for each module, so your child will learn from the best!
Our on-boarding process includes a zoom call with your child’s camp counselor to meet them, answer any questions, get your child ready and excited for camp, and make sure your child has their materials ready to go! Our goal is to establish a true community and a personal connection with each child. Our camp will include loads of fun projects that will keep your child engaged, and make their day really special. Best of all, we always keep you, the parent in mind when we plan our activities so clean up is a part of every project. We will not leave your house a mess at the end of the day!
Our Camp Promises
- Connect with friends and make new ones
- Learn cool new skills
- Practice working independently
- Get in the best shape of their life
- Engage in exciting on and off-screen activities
- Spend more time outdoors
- Let you get your work done in peace!
- And have fun
|June 1||Fashion – How do you express yourself?|
|June 8||Circus – Who wants to join the circus?|
|June 15||Animation – What makes it fun?|
|June 22||Fairytale – What’s your favorite dragon or princess?|
|June 29||Detective – Do you have a clue?|
|July 6||Magic – What is your magic power?|
|July 13||Architects – What is your vision?|
Below please see a sample daily schedule, which is subject to change slightly based on the age of the children and the theme for the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
8:30-9:00 Show and Tell – Morning Circle
9:00-10:00 Strong and Fit – Gymnastics
10:00-10:15 Karaoke Party – Music
10:15-10:45 Social Games – Snack
10:45-11:30 Brain Lab – STEM
11:30-12:15 Fun in the Sun – Gymnastics
12:15-12:45 Junior Chef – Lunch
12:45-1:30 Creative Workshop – Art
1:30-2:00 Rhythmic TikTok – Dance
7:30-8:00pm – Community Dance Workout (optional)
8:15-8:45pm – Story Time (optional)
Daily Activity Details
Show and Tell – Circle time. We will spend the first half-hour of our day sharing good things from our lives, setting goals for the day, participating in a guided conversation and setting up a positive tone for our days.
Strong and Fit & Fun in the Sun – Rhythmic Gymnastics. Professional rhythmic gymnastics instruction is a part of each day. All kids need to stay active, so every day we will practice stretching, body skills, acrobatics, apparatus tricks, routine choreography, musicality and artistry, sports psychology and mental toughness, and plenty of fun contests and games! The gymnastics training will be split between indoors and outdoors, depending on the weather and skills we are working on that day.
Karaoke Party – Music. Kids love to sing and put on a show! We will pick popular kids songs to sing along with the computer, record for creating fun performance videos and building fun, positive energy inside our groups. This is also an excellent opportunity to practice self-expression, speed reading and musicality.
Junior chef – Snack and Lunch Time. Healthy eating is more important than ever during a pandemic, and meal times are an opportunity to connect with others and be social. We will eat, discuss the basics of nutrition, learn to prepare our food, and – every parent’s favorite – we will make sure your kids clean up their space! We will offer a few optional snack projects throughout the week – always simple, healthy, and easy snacks that your child can do independently, or with minimal help.
STEM, Art and Dance. We will be inviting various specialist teachers for these modules. We will pick projects that align with our weekly themes, and on Friday we will present to the parents the fruits of our week-long efforts. See the details and sample projects below.
Week-long STEM projects
We want to make things easy for you, so all of our project materials are things you probably already have at home! A complete list of materials will be provided ahead of time. Throughout the week, we will be empowering your child to prepare their own materials, and guide them through the projects. Kids love to build, and they learn so much by doing so! We will run weekly contests and will see who can build the tallest tower, the longest marble run, the strongest bridge, or the most complex LEGO creations, the most interesting fort.
Project examples include:
- Funny Fashionistas – make a wallet, necklace, hat, or bracelet from duct tape or other household items. Skills learned: design, paper prototype, scaling, measuring.
- How Does it Fly? – constructing airplanes from recycled materials. Skills learned: fine motor skills, planning a project, understanding physics concepts.
- The Epic Marble Race – design and build a marble run, adding different elements each day. At the end of the week, we will award the most creative and the longest marble runs. Skills learned: engineering, construction, spacial skills, velocity, trial and error, physics concepts like inclined plans, gravity, friction, and more.
- Recycled Towers and Bridges: Skills learned: creativity, social responsibility, engineering, construction, spacial skills, trial and error.
Week-long arts and crafts projects
Every child loves to create and express themselves. Our weekly themed art and craft projects will provide a fun way for your child to explore new creative outlets. The art projects will be age-appropriate and aimed at teaching new skills and techniques every week. At the end of the week, your child will have an art exhibit or portfolio which she will be very proud of!
Project examples include:
- Painting lessons – on the same idea with the paint bars
- Animation – flipbooks, creating comic strips, shadow puppetry
- Photography lessons and contests – portraiture, nature, and action photography
- Video making – create interactive videos on Zoom by collaborating in small groups
Your kids will love this!
Lots of outdoors time! Gymnastics, art, dance, and other activities can be performed outdoors, and we encourage our campers to get plenty of sunshine!
Reading, Writing and Languages – we will sprinkle throughout the day opportunities for your kids to read, write, and record things in their journal. And something REALLY special: every night we will have an optional storytime when one of our instructors will read out loud a fun and exciting book (like James and the Giant Peach, etc.) You can participate in the Story Time all summer long, regardless of how many weeks of camp you register.
Social time is so important while #socialdistancing. We value meaningful interaction because that’s what everyone is craving and missing. Our camps will nurture socializing and connecting during:
- Daily large group circle time where kids are encouraged to “tell us something good!”
- Breakout rooms during the day so kids can interact in small groups or pairs, work and play together. Your child will not be listening to a lecture all day long!
- Team projects and videos where kids collaborate to create
- Partner work, pair shares, and brainstorming
Mental wellness is crucial for all of us as we navigate these uncertain times. That’s why positivity, adaptability, and working with what we can control will be the undertone of all of our activities here at Remote Rhythmics Camp. We will offer mental wellness activities sprinkled in during morning circle times and meal times such as meditation, breathing, journaling, and yoga.
Perks for Parents
Pandemics are stressful, but it’s possible to still create family bliss among the chaos. Not only do we want to keep your kids happy, but we want to support you as well. Your child’s camp tuition includes a few direct benefits for parents:
- Free Zoom meeting for parents discussing parenting and mental wellness issues, to support you as a parent at home.
- Free community workouts that the whole family can participate in.
- Free evening storytime for kids to help your kids wind down before bed and give you a few minutes to wrap up your day.
Packing List & Supplies
What should we pack for camp?
- snack and lunch
- water bottle
- hat, sunscreen
- zoom device (tablet, TV, laptop)
- journal notebook
- pen, markers, 1 reem of paper, construction paper
- 20 toilet paper rolls, 10 paper towel rolls, 2 duct tape, kids scissors, 100 medium size plastic cups, 20 empty water bottles, 1 roll scotch tape
What do we need to buy?
- Rhythmic gymnastics starter kit, $45 (a $66 value)
- Includes a recreational rhythmic ball, a rhythmic rope, and a rhythmic ribbon.
- A simple supply list will be provided prior to the start of each week with links for things like markers, glue, watercolors, paper, notebook, etc.
- Save your recycling materials a couple of weeks prior to camp, they will help with our art and stem projects.
How to Register
You can register online at our store. Please register each child separately in 2 easy steps:
- Pick the weeks and Program you want to sign up for and add them to cart
- Enter your payment information
We will email you confirmation of your registration and regular updates with plans about the camp.
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Any questions? We are just an email or a phone call away!
What are you waiting for?
Join us today, space is limited.
18 Summers of Fun!
Summer Camps Memories 2002-2019